Friday, July 4, 2008

Time for Updates



If anyone is still reading this blog, allow me to update you on the last month.




1. We have moved. We received the warmest welcome possible at this beautiful downtown church, full of wonderful people. I felt full--full of joy, full of hope, and full of the Holy Spirit--in our first Sunday worship service last week. We feel privileged to be here, and humbled at the tasks that lie ahead. But I also know that God is at work, and that "all things are possible with Christ." I plan to spend the next six months or so just getting my bearings--listening to people and to the Holy Spirit, getting to know the people of this congregation, and planning for what our years of ministry together will entail.




2. My sister got married! She is ten years younger than I, and it is hard to believe she's an adult. But time does march on, and she is a married woman now. It felt strange to be the Matron of Honor rather than the officiant, I must admit.
But as further proof that "time marches on", my baby boy (age 3.5) was the ring-bearer. More than that, he took this picture! He insists that he wants to be a tow truck driver when he grows up (not just any tow truck, mind you, but the big huge kind that can tow 18-wheelers and such), but I'm seeing the possibility of professional photography as a career! We've told him that he can be "whatever he wants to be and God wants him to be." We'll teach him to evaluate choices further as he grows. For now, we're just trying to get him to use the potty consistently again and to want to do something besides watch Noggin during the day!


3. Our home is not yet set up. I've decided that this project, like many other things in life, is one more reminder that God is never finished with us, just like I'll never be finished getting my house in order. Just one more reminder of sanctification...I've decided so many things are.

So that's where I've been for the last month + a week. I pray that everyone is having a safe and celebratory Independence Day. I've been sick for the last three days, so I'm resting up for my second Sunday.

Thanks for checking in on me. I expect to be more faithful about posting as I move into this new ministry adventure. I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about! So check in again soon...


In the meantime, may God's grace and peace be with you this 4th of July and every day.

No comments: