Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ever had a song in your head...

that you just couldn't get out?

Well, for my son, apparently it's not a song, but trucks.

So tonight as we got on the interstate in our drive home from my parents' home (they'd been keeping him while I performed my last wedding of the summer--congrats to Allison and Nick!), he said:

So Mommy, you know those big trucks that drive on the interstate? I've been thinking about them. I think I'm not gonna think about them anymore.

If only it were as easy for us to "meditate on God's goodness and God's Word" as it is for us to get silly thing like pop songs or even trucks stuck running around in our heads!

In Today's English Version of the Bible, the Psalmist of Psalm 63 prays to the Lord:

As I lie in bed, I remember you;
all night long I think of you,
because you have always been my help.
In the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
I cling to you, and your hand keeps me safe.

There's something else for ALL OF US to think about!

No comments: