Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Jedism" for Labor Day Weekend

After church today, we had to wait for my husband, then drive a good way out of town to attend a lunch in honor of the baby I'd just baptized. My son was out of his juice. It was hot; he was thirsty. He couldn't wait until we got to the home.

I told him we'd drive through the McDonald's drive-through for a chocolate milk on the way out to the party. After I ordered the milk, through the intercom came:

"One oh eight."
Then silence.

I thanked the girl and started to drive on.

That's when "Jed" said:

"So that means 'drive to the window'...

in Spanish?"

"Something like that, I guess, son," I replied.
And we laughed.

This weekend, let us pray for all who "labor," especially those who labor at thankless jobs for too little pay.

Let us give thanks to God if we have a decent job that supplies the needs and some wants of our families.

And let us give thanks to God for those who do everything from taking our order at McDonald's to cleaning our rooms in a hotel, to making our computers, to running our companies, to nursing our parents, to...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your Jedisms, they always bring a smile or laugh. It is amazing how little minds work and come up with those cute sayings that we cherish.

revmomof3 said...

I am so excited to have found your blog. Woohoo, another blog to stalk!!!