Friday, April 24, 2009

Six years ago today...



I married this man.

We were standing in the small Memorial Chapel within the massive and gothic Duke University Chapel. I promised, with newer vows from our United Methodist Book of Worship to "encourage the gifts of God in you," or something like that :-)

Today, I still love to hear him play the piano, the organ, the trumpet, the fluglehorn. I love to watch him play with our son. I am thankful to have a husband who supports my minstry and who understands its demands, even when those demands interfere with our family plans. I even love that he wants to spend our anniversary evening walking in the Relay for Life. So that's what we'll do tonight, even as I give thanks for the gift that my husband is.

Happy anniversary, honey!

No comments: