Friday, February 13, 2009

Where Babies Come From...

So, the other day my husband and son came home from their day away and my husband says to my son, "Tell Mommy what you told me about where babies come from."

A little surprised, I asked my son, "You know where babies come from?"

To which my son replied:
Yes, ma'am. I know how babies get in mommies' tummies.
Mommies walk along,
and when they see a seed on the ground,
they eat it.
Then the seed grows in the mommy's tummy
until it turns into the baby.
And then after the baby is born,
it turns 1 (showing a 1 with his finger),
and then it turns 2 (second finger up now)
and then it turns...Well, you get the picture.

Now I must admit, I was impressed with his thoughts. But I asked, "Where did you hear that?"

To which he replied in his cute and self-deprecating tone,
I just made it up.

Ah, the innocence! Children lose it all too soon. I pray that he can keep his for a long, long time. Perhaps the church has a role to play here, what do you think?

1 comment:

Stephen Taylor said...

What! Are you somehow suggesting that babies get in tummies some other way? Who are you kidding?